Sunday, 30 June 2013

J. PETERSON



































"Salacious primitive electrodynamics"
Year:    2012
Country:    US
State:    Arizona
Artist:    Josh Peterson
Label:    none
Format:    cassette x 2
Edition:    12 copies
Tracks:    5
Time:    75 min.
Style:           Ambient Noise Wall

















Always is difficult to put an etiquette or name to describe an album, because it deals about something subjective and non objective. The same happens with the personal opinions or critics, maybe you think thisis industrial and perhaps me no. Well, I´m going to try to describe these 2 interesting works. First of all I must to say that I put "ambient" as a style because the tempo in all songs is very very slow, but is not ambient in the sense of cleanliness, the sound is highly dirty and rude. There is a good production work but I think the musician has searched this particulary dirty sound express. Such form can to remind old industrial bands and projects from 1979 or early 80s decade. Unfortunately I can not to listen to all effects but according to J. Peterson hymself in these two cassettes he used a lot of stuff, materials to make all this noise: electronics, acoustics, analog modular synthesizers, Tascam Porta 03, broken electronics and Type IV Metal Maxell tapes. Personally I think this is a very good work and I like very much this original sound that he has get: blackened, dirtied, degraded, broken, minimalist, auster... pure and deep ANW from the catacombs.
  Discogs   ,   Lastfm   ,   Bandcamp   ,   Other Releases   ,   Web